A full review of the By Lawyers Family provision claims – Acting for the estate guide has been conducted. This follows upon the recent review of Family provision claims – Acting for the plaintiff.
The review of this popular practical guide ensures that all content is in line with current law and practice.
Updates and enhancements include:
- a re-organised and streamlined commentary that better caters for current practice;
- additional assistance to help the practitioner get the matter underway;
- enhanced commentary on preparing for and attending at mediation;
- an updated matter plan that includes links to important sections of the commentary; and
- significantly enhanced precedents:
- Letter to plaintiff’s solicitor in response to their initial letter;
- Brief to counsel – Defendant;
- Defendant’s notice to eligible persons; and
- Outline of submissions – Defendant.
This review of our NSW Family provision claims guides are part of By Lawyers ongoing commitment to continual improvement and enhancement of our content.
Additional information on Family provision claims can be found in the By Lawyers reference manual 101 Succession Answers (NSW). This includes the leading and latest cases on various important aspects of family provision claims. 101 Succession Answers is available in the Reference Materials folder in all related guides for NSW – Family provision, Wills, Estates, Powers of attorney and Appointments of enduring guardian.