The continuing commitment of By Lawyers to updating and enhancing our publications has seen the South Australian Wills guide reviewed.
Subscribers using this popular publication will find a re-ordered and extended matter plan, revised and updated commentary and a number of new precedents. Execution is now a top-level heading on the matter plan, with dedicated commentary on issues such as blind witnesses, gifts to witnesses and solicitors as witnesses. The revisions also include:
- First steps and taking instructions for wills
- Testamentary capacity and the test in Banks v Goodfellow
- The formal requirements for a valid will
- Informal wills
- Challenges to the validity of a will
New and amended precedents
- Initial letter to client enclosing costs agreement
- Letter to client to confirming instructions
- To do list
- Instructions for signing
- Letter reminding client that will is ready for signing
Other resources in the Wills guide reviewed
Links have been added to the By Lawyers reference materials Other trusted and useful resources. This resource can be found in the Reference materials folder on the matter plan.