Recent property cases have been added to By Lawyers reference manual 1001 Conveyancing Answers (VIC).
The publication has been extensively reviewed and updated by our author Russell Cocks.
Useful recent property cases added to the publication in the course of this review include:
- Bottos v Citylink Melbourne Ltd  VSC 585 – possession by erecting safety walls;
- Gianchino & Anor v Gianchino  VSC 383 – adverse possession against a co-owner;
- Burghley P/L v Soames  VSC 236 and BCA Asset Management Group P/L v Sand Solutions P/L  VSC 177 – indemnity costs for an unsuccessful caveat;
- Valuer-General v AWF Prop. Co 2 Pty Ltd & Ors  VSCA 274 – wind farm turbines as chattels;
- Burger & Ors v Longboat Holdings Group2 Pty Ltd  VSC 469 – changes to the plan which materially affect the property may justify avoidance;
- David Barry Logistics Pty Ltd v the State of Victoria & Anor  VSC 828 – bona vacantia to the Crown;
- Re Ferraro  VSC 166 – a covenant that fails to adequately identify the benefited land is unenforceable against third parties;
- K7 Developments Pty Ltd v Abbotsford Estates Pty Ltd  VSC 422 – the consequences of ceasing to be a going concern after contract and before settlement.
1001 Conveyancing Answers (VIC) is available in all By Lawyers Victorian property law guides – Purchase, Sale, Leases, and Mortgages.
This comprehensive publication assists property practitioners to understand deeper issues in conveyancing and solve problems for clients when they arise.