The very popular By Lawyers reference manual 1001 Conveyancing Answers (VIC) has received an extensive review by our author Russell Cocks.
As part of Russell’s review, many relevant 2019 and 2020 cases have been added. These include:
- Re Tucker  VSC 210 – The younger joint tenant is presumed to have survived the older joint tenant, if time of death cannot be ascertained.
- Re Wilson  VSC 211 – Unilateral severance in equity will occur on signing of the transfer.
- Versaci v Rechichi  VSC 747 – Severance based on the conduct of the parties.
- Maddi Developments P/L v Perpetual Trustees  WASC 253 – Easement acquired by usage.
- Phillips v Abel  VCAT 1031 – Definition of retail premises – selling sand from a quarry constitutes the provision of retail goods and services.
- Cooltime Solutions P/L v Viva Energy Aust P/L  VCAT 83 – Rent review is presumed not to be a ‘time of the essence’ clause in a retail lease.
- Paragreen v Lim Group Holdings P/L  VSCA 84 – Priority – registered proprietor not bound by unregistered covenant.
1001 Conveyancing Answers (VIC) is available in all of our Victorian property law guides. This comprehensive reference work assists property lawyers and conveyancers to understand the conveyancing process and to solve problems for their clients as and when they arise. The publication includes detailed information to address issues quickly and clarify areas of uncertainty.
This cornerstone By Lawyers publication is a must have for all lawyers and conveyancers dealing with property matters and the conveyancing process in Victoria.