Timely compliance with CLE/CPD requirements has suddenly become a challenge for many small law firms. This is a result of the cancellation of seminars due to COVID-19.
With their ability to attend external events unexpectedly curtailed, the burden of professional education has reverted to firms to manage in-house. And they must do so within the strictures of remaining safe from virus risks.
Fortunately, By Lawyers can make this assist.
In-house training for CLE/CPD requirements
The By Lawyers guides are a great resource for professional education.
Whether in the office or working from home, lawyers can:
- Read the By Lawyers Commentaries – whether relevant to their current matters, or in areas of law that they seek to brush-up on, or move into;
- Delve into the By Lawyers Reference manuals, such as 1001 Conveyancing Answers, 101 Family Law Answers or 101 Subpoena Answers – providing detailed information and current case law related to specific client issues, or general legal concepts;
- Review and practice drafting more complex documents in various areas of law, using By Lawyers precedents – such as an affidavit and example content in a litigation matter type;
- Have a ‘Q & A’ session with a colleague by email or video-link – where each lawyer raises questions about practice and procedure or points of law for the other person to answer from the By Lawyers guides;
- Present to the other members of the firm on-line by referencing or screen-sharing the relevant By Lawyers guide.
Even the compulsory units on practice management and business skills can be addressed via the By Lawyers Practice Management Guide and the related Reference Manual 101 Policies and Procedures. With sections on ethics, business planning and financial management, lawyers can use these resources to present to their colleagues or read for their own benefit.
The breadth, depth and easy accessibility of By Lawyers content makes it easy for firms to comply with in-house CLE/CPD requirements under their own steam, in any way that suits them.
These are tough times for everyone; lawyers in legal practices included. Complying with the relevant CLE/CPD requirements is a real challenge. By Lawyers makes it easier.