The continuing commitment of By Lawyers to updating and enhancing our publications has seen the Wills (NSW) guide reviewed.
Subscribers using this popular publication will find a re-ordered and extended matter plan, revised and updated commentary and a number of new precedents. Execution is now a top-level heading on the matter plan, with dedicated commentary on issues such as blind witnesses, gifts to witnesses and solicitors as witnesses. The revisions also include:
- First steps and taking instructions for wills
- Testamentary capacity and the test in Banks v Goodfellow
- The formal requirements for a valid will
- Informal wills
- Challenges to the validity of a will
New and amended precedents
- Initial letter to client enclosing costs agreement
- Letter to client to confirm instruction, advice and arrangements
- To do list
- Instructions for signing
- Letter reminding client that will is ready for signing
Other resources in the Wills guide reviewed
A number of links have been added to the Other trusted and useful resources and a number of new cases have been included in 101 Succession Answers (NSW). Both of these can be found in the Reference materials folder on the matter plan.