The By Lawyers Purchase of real property guide for Tasmania has been reviewed and enhanced.
Enhancements resulting from this extensive review, which will assist Tasmanian property practitioners, include:
- Various sections of commentary have been revised and re-ordered, to better reflect the usual flow of the purchase process.
- The Matter plan now includes a separate section for Property Transfer Duty.
- There are new and amended commentary headings, for improved searchability.
- The commentary under the Property heading has been expanded to include a discussion of the various types of title.
- Commentary under the Price and Taxes headings has been re-organised and expanded.
- The coverage of Disclosure and Property Transfer Duty has been enhanced with references to the standard contract and common practice.
- There is new commentary on the Submission of Transfer and Notice of Sale.
- New commentary has been added on the specific stages of the settlement process for purchase of property.
- All precedents have been reviewed and enhanced where necessary to reflect current practice.
Practitioners are also reminded of the Library of special conditions located on both the Sale of real property and Purchase of real property matter plans. These useful precedent clauses are located in Folder C. Contract and Folder D. Negotiations and exchange, respectively. This extensive library contains eighty drafted special conditions which can be cut and paste into the contract, either directly or with bespoke amendments, to suit the specific requirements of almost any transactions and circumstances.
This review is part of the continuing commitment of By Lawyers to updating and enhancing our publications to help our subscribers enjoy practice more.