- Further Information – Added “Parenting orders – what you need to know”
- Costs Agreements – Included reference to time limit for requesting itemised bill as per the Family Law Rules, reference to interstate costs laws added, updated interest clause
- Costs Agreements
- Disputes section improved, fields for client and firm details added, trust account details added, solicitor’s lien added, execution clauses for individuals and corporations added and general formatting and grammatical improvements.
- VIC/NSW – included reference to time limit for bringing costs assessment included total estimate of legal costs section with provision for variables and included authority to receive money into trust.
- WA – added clause on scale fees.
- Property Settlement Commentary – Amend – Step one – identify and value the net property 3.
- New precedents
- To do list – Children
- To do list – Financial Agreement
- 101 Family Law Answers – added new commentary on Foreign Resident Capital Gains Withholding Payments.
- Divorce, Children and Property Settlement guide – New Costs Agreements added for Tasmania and Northern Territory.
- Children commentary – Considerations specific to children matters added to commentary on social media evidence
- New precedents
- Letter to other side inviting them to family dispute resolution
- Letter to other side’s solicitor inviting them to family dispute resolution
- Children commentary – Amended to discuss in more detail paternity and the presumption of parentage. In certain circumstances, proving parentage can be particularly important. Parentage is also a relevant consideration as the number of blended families in Australia continues to rise.
- Divorce commentary – Updated and restructured the commentary discussing divorce applications and reduction of court fees.
- Property Settlement – New precedent added – Letter to other side’s solicitor with offer of settlement – Calderbank offer.
- File Cover Sheets for all publications have been completely re-formatted for a better look.
- Property Settlement – Commentary concerning social media evidence in financial proceedings has been added to the property settlement guide.
- Children commentary – Added section on making urgent applications – Early hearing and urgent orders ex parte.
- Children commentary – Added section on variation of parenting orders. In particular, a commentary on the threshold test as established in Rice v Asplund (1978) 6 Fam LR 570 has been added.
- Making life a little easier for practitioners – look out for Blank Deed, Agreement and Execution Clauses folder in the matter plan at the end of each Getting the Matter Underway.
- All By Lawyers Family Law cost agreements have been updated in line with the 2016 Family Law Rules itemised scale of costs.