The days of printing, compiling and posting, or delivering, numerous contracts to agents are gone. Email is the preferred method and rather than sending it in several emails or a group of documents all in different file formats, its best to create a single secure PDF of the listing contract.
Once a buyer is found and the contract updated, a secure PDF of the contract of sale can be created and emailed to the purchaser’s solicitor.
Creating the single secure PDF is made simple by the LEAP function create combined PDF.
- Open the matter.
- Select the Contract pages, searches and any other documents required. To select multiple documents at once, click the first document then hold Ctrl to select the other documents.
- Right-click the highlighted documents and select Create Combined PDF.
- In the Create PDF window, rename the contract eg. Contract for Smith to Brown.
- Reorder the contract by using the up and down arrows to position it in the list. The order of the documents in this list is the order that they will appear in the compiled contract.
- Tick the Combine, Secure and/or Bookmark check boxes as appropriate for the compiled contract.
- Click Create PDF and the PDF contract will appear in your Correspondence List.
Emailing the document
To email the contract from the matter select it in the correspondence list, and any other documents required – click the first document then hold Ctrl to select any others.
Right-click the highlighted documents and select Email.
If you have already created a new email from the matter and then wish to attach the contract on the Message tab of the email, select Attach File on the LEAP Email toolbar. You’ll be able to attach documents in either the original format or convert them to PDF. As the contract is already a single PDF it can be attached in original format.
Ready to exchange? The By Lawyers contract anticipates exchange by email and sets out the agreed procedure in detail. Exchange is instantaneous. Each party has a complete PDF of the contract.