The Family Law Courts have announced that they will shortly release a number of enhancements to the online filing system, which are a result of their survey of the legal profession in 2017. In summary, the changes will include:
- the ability to file a greater number of applications online;
- support for fee reduction/exemption applications for financial hardship;
- online lodgement for correspondence;
- ability to indicate;
- safety considerations;
- urgency; and
- the need for interpreters;
- ability to upload 30 MB sized documents; and
- support for parenting orders sought with Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) Exemptions.
More information will be published – and the By Lawyers Family Law Guides updated – when the Court releases more details of the facilities.