By Lawyers Leases – QLD publication has been reviewed and updated to ensure that the commentary and precedents are in line with current law and practice.
Queensland property lawyers and conveyancers will find helpful enhancements resulting from this review, including:
Expanded commentary on: –
- Agreements/offers to lease.
- The application of the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994.
- Personal property securities considerations when acting for a lessor or lessee.
- Disclosure statements – for new leases, assignments and renewals.
- Rent review procedures.
- Options to renew and the form of renewal.
- Security for performance.
New commentary on –
- The applicability of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- A lessor’s disclosure obligations in relation to the leasing of land listed on the Contaminated Land Register.
- The importance of correctly defining the premises to be leased.
- Obtaining mortgagee consent to a lease.
New precedents including –
- Lessee waiver notices pursuant to s 22B of the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 – New lease and assignment.
- Heads of agreement for offer to lease – Concise.
These enhancements to the Leases – QLD guide will assist lawyers acting for either a lessor or lessee.
This review is part of By Lawyers continuous commitment to reviewing and enhancing our publications to ensure our subscribers.