The By Lawyers author of Victorian Civil Litigation and Injuries, Nawaar Hassan, Barrister, has reviewed the County Court publication including commentary, matter plans and precedents. Various enhancements have been made, including expansion and clarification of commentary relating to:
- Directions hearings, administrative mentions and the civil directions group;
- Offers of compromise and Calderbank offers;
- Dealing with self-represented litigants;
- New efiling procedures and requirements;
- Commencing proceedings and claiming interest;
- Counterclaims by the defendant and claims for contribution or indemnity;
- Subpoenas and notices to produce;
- Retaining an expert.
Precedent letters instructing expert witnesses have also been updated.