- Commentary updated to include a discussion of priority notices which were introduced in Victoria in late 2016.
- Additions to the commentary to discuss caveats and special conditions concerning the conduct of auctions.
- Commentary update regarding Land Tax Regulations 2015 and notices of dispossession of land no longer required by SRO.
- Commentary added discussing valid clearance certificates for foreign residents.
- Costs Agreement
- Clause added on payment of fees when purchaser not proceeding.
- Disputes section improved, fields for client and firm details added, trust account details added, solicitor’s lien added, execution clauses for individuals and corporations added and general formatting and grammatical improvements.
- Included reference to time limit for bringing costs assessment, total estimate of legal costs section with provision for variables, and authority to receive money into trust.
- Sale of Real Property – commentary updated to include discussion on bringing co-ownership arrangements to an end via partitioning.
- Sale and Purchase of Real Property commentaries – further content on Foreign Resident Capital Gains Withholding Payments added
- Purchase of Real Property – major restructure to ensure commentary follows the natural progression of a typical purchase.
- Included foreign resident capital gains withholding payments when over $2 million to all necessary precedents, commentaries and contracts.
- New precedent added – General advice to purchasers.
- File Cover Sheets for all publications have been completely re-formatted for a better look.
- New section included in the commentary on powers of attorney for land transactions to accompany power of attorney precedents.
- Making life a little easier for practitioners – look out for Blank Deed, Agreement and Execution Clauses folder in the matter plan at the end of each Getting the Matter Underway.