The Initial letters to vendor and purchaser precedents have been updated in the By Lawyers Conveyancing (TAS) Guide.
These letters have been enhanced for improved readability and now also include provisions for both sale by agent and private sale procedures.
The initial letters to client are a key step in the conveyancing process, as they address the important issues to be dealt with on commencement of the matter including:
- Authority to inspect council records (sale)
- Mortgage discharge authority (sale)
- Contract considerations – including deposit (purchase)
- Finance requirements (Purchase)
- Pest and building reports (Purchase)
- Stamp duty and any applicable grants and concessions (Purchase)
- Foreign resident capital gains withholding
- GST withholding
All By Lawyers publications are updated in relation to changes to legislation, developments in case law and when subscribers ask us for new content. We also routinely enhance and develop our publications as part of our commitment to continual improvement.